Factory Scheduling is the sedApta Suite component that framed in the context of production planning process and supports:
- Resources scheduling with finite capacity.
- Production sequences optimization.
- Materials management.
- Multi-scenery analysis.
Factory Scheduling is made of two modules:
- Factory Scheduling: the desktop component for global production planning and for the dynamic allocation of production orders. Factory Scheduling allows users to create the production plan balancing medium and long term production objectives with short term operative needs.
- Real Time Web Scheduler: the web component that allows each area planner to intervene manually on the plan generated by the Factory Scheduling module, as to optimize the part of the plan related to her own area, considering also unexpected events (new order priorities, machine downtimes,…). Real Time Web Scheduler is the web tool that allows department managers to visualize and modify manually their share of the global production plan.
In particular this module allows users to:
- Starting from the global plan, manually intervene on a «frozen period» defining the optimal sequence while respecting all constraints, also thanks to graphical utilities that guide the user through the process.
- Introduce forcings for production, with respect to start/end dates, machines status (automatically flagged thanks to the integration with the SAM module of the sedApta Suite), resources availability, …
- Elaborate automatically the production plan obtained (keeping unchanged the frozen period), using the algorithm included in the Factory Scheduling module or custom made algorithm.
The main features that allows Factory Scheduling to be the perfect tool for the management of Your production planning and order scheduling processes are:
- Manage the overall scheduling of plant production resources and capacities, taking into account customer order priorities and constraints in order to respect delivery deadlines and service levels.
- Support the optimization of production sequences, and reduce plant set-up times and product transformation lead-times.
- Manage all incoming raw materials as needed for your production process syncing provisioning plans, quality control and material handling.
- Enable you to simulate and benchmark alternative production scenarios with related KPIs, “what if” analyses, and change propagation.
- Empower you to generate refined production schedules that match your short-term plan with tactical planning and sync with real production.